Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Major Opps with a knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys went and saw a quack this morning and after a few tests it does look like I got lucky as no tendons or nerves were sliced. The quack said there was some bruising above the wound and I told him no thats how far the knife went in. Anyway back to work tomorrow and a week of sitting down doing paperwork and supervising then next monday the stitchs come out.

Cheers Bryan

My father taught me about chainsaw kickbacks.. SO, i respect(and fear) them.

A buddy of his had fell a tree, and they were cording it out (cutting it up to sell by the cord (chord ? ) He usually cut from the bottom up through the logs. A particular log was hanging over another, so once he got so far, it pinched the blade. He freed it and decided to finish off the last 2 or so inches from the top down. A completely stupid and unwise move when using a chainsaw.

Now this is 4 or 5 hours into cutting up this tree and operating this chain saw. 2 blade replacements, oiling, and fueling. More retardedness -- there should be a few rest periods in that time span, both for the tool and the operator.

He was apparently so comfortable, and used to the upward pull, that he "helped" the chainsaw into his face when it kicked back from a knot. Given the above two factors, this bafoon had it coming to him.

You can't play with fire and not expect to get burned eventually.

You can't play with fire and not expect to get burned eventually.

An old friend of mine used to work for the Peak Park (the first National Park in the UK?), and he was the foreman of a team doing forestry work.

They were at work one day and one of his team dropped his chainsaw somehow, and while they stop when you release the trigger, it's not instant. It hit on the guys foot, just behind the steel toecap. They didn't take his boot off, they just threw him in the land rover and rushed him to hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back