Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Major gains in fuel economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicks see a guy in an expensive car and know that the bank owns it and he doesn't own anything except a lot of debt.

When chicks see my cute little dog then they come to see (ME?).

Hey, I'm just quoting what they say on the web site. It's their advertising. If they are lying, the court system (and disgruntled owners) will take care of it.

Perhaps you have recently arrived from another planet?, the residents of this planet are fully aware that "advertising" equals "lying" :p

These sort of figures are always 'massaged' to look really good.

so you get 17.12 m/litre ? thats very good bearing in mind though I have a small engine not really up to the cars weight and its 10 years old done 100k mile and has already been reconditioned once

Thunderchild, when you talk about 17.13 m/litre, what exactly do you mean?
If it's meter/litre then I would only make 822 meters before requiring a fill up. Hence the tow your fuel tank comment earlier.
If you mean 17.13 km(kilometer)/litre that would be more accurate.
Yes, that's what I got with the Ikon, pretty damn good I thought.
I've actually reached 855 km on a tank full with my Mondeo too, I believe it's even better, much bigger and heavier car.
The expert economy drivers have reached more than 1000km with the Mondeo. Doubt I'd try and challenge that.

Perhaps you have recently arrived from another planet?, the residents of this planet are fully aware that "advertising" equals "lying" :p

The fact of the matter is, that the car can actually do that. 3.9sec, that is.
It was 100% proven, and major journos drove the car in that guise too.
But somehow, for the production version they've seemed to scale down a bit. Probably to get some range out of it. Seems people believe 350km range for a battery vehicle to be adequate.
I think it still sucks.

feet firmly on earth. perhaps you didn't read the part about legal system will sort it out.

Chicks see a guy in an expensive car and know that the bank owns it and he doesn't own anything except a lot of debt.

When chicks see my cute little dog then they come to see (ME?).
Uh, we disagree. They see a guy who's willing to spend money. I think you give them (and most people) too much credit for common sense.

Ahhhhh, Thunderchild

I just caught a wake-up.

you're talking miles per litre, whereas I am talking kilometers per litre.

You are doing better than I am then, 14 miles/litre vs. 17km/litre.
what car do you drive exactly?

Oh, I remember now, a Fiesta of some flavour.

Last edited:
Poor people need something expensive in their life.
They live in a tent but they have a big expensive TV or an expensive car.
Some poor people live in their expensive car.

Chicks like guys who are generous, not greedy.

Thunderchild, when you talk about 17.13 m/litre, what exactly do you mean?
If it's meter/litre then I would only make 822 meters before requiring a fill up. Hence the tow your fuel tank comment earlier.
If you mean 17.13 km(kilometer)/litre that would be more accurate.
Yes, that's what I got with the Ikon, pretty damn good I thought.
I've actually reached 855 km on a tank full with my Mondeo too, I believe it's even better, much bigger and heavier car.
The expert economy drivers have reached more than 1000km with the Mondeo. Doubt I'd try and challenge that.

oh you were talking Km and I'm talking miles so actually you do 10.27 MILES to the litre hm is that on a run or round town ?

Hey, Thunderchild.

That is actually a combined figure, as that was mostly the nature of my driving during that time. Some longer open road like trips of around 50 km (very hilly:)) at a time with some city driving and even peak hour traffic.
My Mondeo figures are mostly open road, but packed to the brim. It's my 'holiday' vehicle.
Now my Ikon is responsible for the short bursts.

Funny, over here it always seem to be the poor people who drinks too much alcohol.

hm well I'll get 10.5 miles to the litre on a mix of half a tank on a long trip and half going to work and back each which is 5.5 miles so just enough to get the engine hot

Funny, over here it always seem to be the poor people who drinks too much alcohol.

I think its like that here too, i think people think that drinking is "posh" and the "in thing to do" but frankly i don't see the point then again I lived for 15 years in a country where good wine came as cheap as bottled water in the UK

Know what you mean, I walked into our local PicknPay some weeks back and my favourite red wine was marked at R16 per bottle.:eek:
So I stocked up on some.
The only thing is, I did not try to finish all in one night.

See, it's even related to the thread, I'm being economical.

But, if I take some people that work for us, well, almost have worked for us, they get wages on a Friday. On Monday they complain that they have no money for food. So, where did it all go.
Filtered by the kidneys and through the bladder, and down the tubes.

Last edited:
Perhaps you don't watch any TV advertising? :p

well that's, uh, meaningless. Not sure your point. If it's to be quarrelsome, then I get it. Not sure what the smiley conveys, though.

Let me ask a different question - do you think that the Telsa numbers are completely off the mark? How much to you disbelieve them? Do think it completely doesn't work and that they are selling a non-functional product? Even if the reality is like 50%, that's actually pretty good.

Let me ask a different question - do you think that the Telsa numbers are completely off the mark? How much to you disbelieve them? Do think it completely doesn't work and that they are selling a non-functional product? Even if the reality is like 50%, that's actually pretty good.

I think it's probably the absolute maximum they managed to achieve under specific exact conditions - you're unlikely to buy one and achieve similar results.

Wow, you certainly are stretching your point. Just how many people do you know that actually live in tents and have a big expensive TV or car? Rounds to zero. Where do you get these things?

I seriously doubt you have a clue about the financial position of people that buy expensive cars. With out going into my personal situation, I know a fair number of people that are wealthy and own expensive cars. And they certainly aren't greedy - they give money freely to a large number of charitable causes. You must be living in a different world from me. Rich does not equal greedy.

And by the way the term "chick magnet" was a joke. However, women do look for a man that is a good supporter. Many of them equate visible clues to a man's financial status with his ability to provide. Numerous studies have proven that. It's sad that there is such shallowness in the world. Sure you'll get a woman to pet your dog but she'll also take a long look at the guy with an expensive car. Making any assumptions beyond that is pure guesswork.

I think it's probably the absolute maximum they managed to achieve under specific exact conditions - you're unlikely to buy one and achieve similar results.

but off by how much? In the US, the EPA mileage numbers are well known to the absolute best - thus the well worn expression YMMV.

By the way, I agree, it was probably a very light driver with a perfectly tuned system. Still, even if they are off by 20%, that's still pretty good. I know people want a much longer range but battery technology is the limiting factor. If it got 100 miles per charge, that would be far more than enough for me. I drive about 24 miles to work and back. Note that if it really only got 100 miles, they would get their *sses sued off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back