Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Main filter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighty

Hi all

I've connected a Hanna pH Controller device to a mains supply in a room in my home, the problem is there is only one plug point in that room and the interference from 2x 400w Metal Halide if interfering with the pH controller. It works but when it reaches it threshold point the relay starts fluttering, I thought at first it was a hysteresis problem, but when testing with the light turned off it works properly.....

What I need it to filter the interference from the mains before supplying the controller.

I have a old power supply for a HP laptop, could I just use the "pre filter" part of the circuit ( the part before it goes to the rectifying diode) of the circuit to supply the controller, the controller only use a couple watts, +-10w.

Thanks in advance

OK, Thanks Blueroomelectronics, I'll check with one of the local suppliers, but would the filter of the charger not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back