Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magic wand with led's

Status
Not open for further replies.

visio

hi, :?:

Someone knows how i can find a circuit or instructions to made this:

A circuit with leds thant only when we swing them from left/rigth/left we can see the perfect image...

Understand?

Thanks

Explanation

hi,

In the past i had an exibit in my job with a aluminium bar with a lot of electronic components. The only visible componentes was a sequence of red leds (about 40 or 50). The leds blinkin without a logical order when the bar is stopped. But when somebody move the bar very fast, we'll see a perfect image of a scull(is the retinal persistence fenomenal), but can be another image.

Somebody broken the bar and the electronic circuit a few years ago, and i need to create a new one. We don't have the bar...

Can you heep us?

Thanks!

There was a similiar project in popular electronics a few years ago. You'll probably have to program a microcontroller if you want to display images like a skull. The LEDs need to light in sequence displaying a vertical slice of the image you wish to portray each step of the sequence. They should sequence fairly fast, I don't remember the exact speed.

I built one using a 555 and a 4017, it would sequence LEDs out and back from the center. When you waved it back and forth you got a string of diamond shapes.

I have one of those skyliner things that you spin over your head and it makes a message with a stack of 7 LED's, but I never thought of an idea like this before. I just spent the whole morning getting a parts list together. Comes to about $45 but I'm getting enough parts for 2 in case I screw it up somehow.
~Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back