Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magic prop request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noelqualter

Hi folks, I’m a close up magician in the UK and I know nothing about electronics I’m afraid! I have a magic prop that’s integral to my act thata been built poorly and I’m looking to see if one of you could make some changes to get it working. The prop Is a very small electromagnet that’s holding onto a coin and when you press a remote control, the coin drops.

I can take more pics tomorrow but this is a view of the prop and another pic that shows it with a bigger battery attached, neither of these are my unit as I do not have the larger battery added.

would any of you be interested in taking a look at it with a view to getting it working as close to 100% of the time? i can payout I have no idea on costs, so it maybe out of my budget.

‘what else do you need to know?

N

Attachments

• 096A78B2-D274-4954-B6DB-9D1964F9C638.jpeg
    096A78B2-D274-4954-B6DB-9D1964F9C638.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 265
  • B89246FC-7F43-4AC3-AC24-09976EE1A00B.jpeg
    B89246FC-7F43-4AC3-AC24-09976EE1A00B.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 268
Welcome to ETO.

You say:
this is a view of the prop and another pic that shows it with a bigger battery attached,

You then go on to say:
neither of these are my unit as I do not have the larger battery added.

From this I understand that these pictures are just generic pictures of props which perform a similar/identical function to the prop which you have.
Is that correct?

When you say:
when you press a remote control
Do you mean something like the "plipper" used to lock/unlock a car door?

JimB

Hi Jim, thanks for the welcome. Those pics are from other people’s units from a fab group for the product. I’m away at the minute but can send pictures of my unit in a few hours when home.

Yes, this is the style of remote

Attachments

• 58335A37-6A5C-41CC-A8E0-FECDD6AE5319.jpeg
    58335A37-6A5C-41CC-A8E0-FECDD6AE5319.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 259
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back