Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Machined pin sockets and socket strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screech

Machined pin sockets and socket strips
How do they hold on to what ever is pluged into them.

they have round holes, but my ic's have flat legs.

also, if i insert a roung legged thing into it, can i later insert a flat legged thing into it, or will it be damaged?.

Are they like a breadboard and don't damage after use?
:roll: :wink: :D

What a strange question. I guess what's holding them on is friction.
As for it's durability, well, they are definitely more lasting to frequent removals compared to normal IC sockets, but of course they still spoil over repeated removals, and not quite as durable as breadboards.

How do they hold on to what ever is pluged into them?
They have a springy insert inside them.

they have round holes, but my ic's have flat legs.
No problem!

also, if i insert a roung legged thing into it, can i later insert a flat legged thing into it, or will it be damaged?.
Flat legs or round legs, no problem, it can take 'em all!

Just a word of caution, the round pins you insert into turned pin IC sockets should be no larger than the pins on DIL headers, otherwise you will damage the spring insert.

JimB

Sounds good!

I think I'll use the machined strips as a bread board type of connection on my circuit board.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back