Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice sim of Two transistor forward wont run.."singular matirx" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,

Do you know why this LTspice sim of a two transistor forward wont run? The error message says “singular matrix node N029”.

Attachments

• two tran forward LTC3705 LTC3706.asc
    12.9 KB · Views: 200
It ran for me (albeit so slowly I gave up after ~2mS), with "skip initial operating point solution" checked. At what sim stage did you get the error message?

Thanks, Ive got a bit further now..as attached..but still not working

Attachments

• two tran forward LTC3705 LTC3706_1.asc
    12.9 KB · Views: 194
This is what I'm seeing at what I assume is the output :-

TwoTran.jpg

Is that what you expect? What do you mean by 'not working'?

..thanks, it should be working like this..(attached)..ie giving 100w at 24v at output

Attachments

• two tran forward LTC3706.asc
    10.7 KB · Views: 199
I suggest you divide the circuit into manageable chunks, sim each chunk separately and hope to identify the chunk that's causing the problem.

usually if LTSpice has trouble establishing a stable operating point (errors are usually "time step too small, singularity matrix node(node-name)", or veeeeeery slooooow operation, it's because there's something causing the circuit to be unstable, such as positive feedback connected somewhere that expects negative feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back