Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT SPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

liya

To design an op-amp i want to get pole - zero analysis. Can i use LT SPICE to find pole - zero analysis ?
Can we find transfer function equation through LT SPICE ?

Last edited:
what do you mean, transfer one schematic to another? if so, restore down both schematics, use the copy function and copy what you want to transfer then click on the other schematic.

If you mean the output versus input transfer function, the AC function can be generated using "AC analysis" and the DC function can be generated using "DC Transfer" in the "Spice Analysis" Simulation Command window.

how can i find transfer function using LT spice
ex.jpg

i want to find pole - zero analysis of an op-amp to design it. I want to know whether i can use LT SPICE to find poles and zeros of an op-amp circuit ?

what do you mean, transfer one schematic to another? if so, restore down both schematics, use the copy function and copy what you want to transfer then click on the other schematic.
To design an op-amp i want to get pole - zero analysis. Can i use LT SPICE to find pole - zero analysis ?

If you mean the output versus input transfer function, the AC function can be generated using "AC analysis" and the DC function can be generated using "DC Transfer" in the "Spice Analysis" Simulation Command window.

Last edited:
You don't need to ask the same question several times. Once is enough.

Some simulation programs can find the poles and zeros of a circuit but I don't think LTspice can.

Read this from the LTSpice Help file:
E.jpg

So you can produce a transfer function from a known set of poles and zeros, but possibly not do the inverse directly?

Would it be possible to use trial-and-error to either:
a) match the transfer function (TF) of your circuit under test with a TF generated in the above manner with known poles and zeros, or
b) null the TF of your circuit under test with a TF generated in the above manner by connecting the two in series (or mixing thier outputs)

Alternatively, maybe you could export your TF from an .AC analysis (File->Export with a plot selected) and do some curve fitting or analysis in a spreadsheet or scripting program (MatLab/Octave, etc).

My maths is terrible, so forgive me if I've mis-understood.

I believe Electronic Workbench in Multisim can generate the Poles and Zeros of a circuit from its schematic (but that's not a free program).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back