Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick20

I would like to fully charge then discharge the capacitor using the two switches . Charge for 50s then discharge for another 50s seconds. Please help me. I am not getting the capacitor to discharge pass half the source voltage.

Attachments

• Capacitor Charing : Discharging .asc
    1.4 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 12.23.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 12.23.30 AM.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 208
Here you go.
In your original circuit V2 never turned S2 off so it was on at the same time as S1, drawing kA of current from V1.
I changed the V2 pulse sequence so S2 turns off when S1 turns on, and you get the expected decay of the capacitor to 0V.

Why did use a different switch model for S1 and S2?

1586928132319.png

Here you go.
In your original circuit V2 never turned S2 off so it was on at the same time as S1, drawing kA of current from V1.
I changed the V2 pulse sequence so S2 turns off when S1 turns on, and you get the expected decay of the capacitor to 0V.

Why did use a different switch model for S1 and S2?

View attachment 124391
Thank you so much crutschow. Im extremely new to LTspice . I am a first year mechanical engineering student so I' am also very new to electronic circuit building.

circuit built on spice that used the open and closed switch feature which LT spice does not have.
Why do you say that?
LTspice has a switch that you used in your circuit.

Pspice has an open switch and a close switch component that allow requires you to input the time when u want it to close for the close switch and when u want it to open for the open switch . LTspice switches are voltage and current controlled.

LTspice switches are voltage and current controlled.
Okay.
But you can generate control signals to make them operate the same as the Pspice switches.

Yes but the hard part for me was finding the correct switch model . Will the switch model I used on the circuit I uploaded work in every case for opening and closing switches ?

Will the switch model I used on the circuit I uploaded work in every case for opening and closing switches ?
Yes, you can use the same model for both. Just define the parameters to be appropriate for your application
There's no difference between an opening and a closing switch, they are all the same.
Why did you use two different models in your sim?

No I found that on A website . Everyone In using Pspice so they didn’t had any reason to use model for the switches. I got Mac that’s why I’m using LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back