Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT Spice error : Time step too small

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithya76

Hello all,

I am trying to simulate a bidirectional flyback converter while simulating, I am seeing the error.

I guess it is because of increasing the current rapidly in the coupled inductors during switching.

Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this issue?

Thanks,
Adithya

Attachments

• project_flyback_bidirectional_trial.asc
    2.4 KB · Views: 137
  • PWM.asy
    436 bytes · Views: 126
  • dead_time.asy
    363 bytes · Views: 139
  • Driver.asy
    826 bytes · Views: 143
Fix this and see what happens.
upload_2018-4-17_18-20-50.png

Thanks for pointing it out.

I reconnected the ground. Now, I am not seeing the timestep error. However, it is taking too long to converge, I guess the solver has reduced the timestep to a very low value.

Is there any other alternative?

I don't know if the MOSFETs you are using have a diode from D-S. You might try another type.
Simulate---Edit Simulation Comd---Transient--- (play around but keep track of what works and what does not)

If some thing works please report back.
This question gets asked many times here. You might search back years. I can not remember what worked last time.

Hello all,

I am trying to simulate a bidirectional flyback converter while simulating, I am seeing the error.

I guess it is because of increasing the current rapidly in the coupled inductors during switching.

Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this issue?

Thanks,
Adithya

Hi
Post your .lib file containing the subckt defs for your symbols so we can test. The sim fails without them.

eT

I don't know if the MOSFETs you are using have a diode from D-S. You might try another type.
Simulate---Edit Simulation Comd---Transient--- (play around but keep track of what works and what does not)

If some thing works please report back.
This question gets asked many times here. You might search back years. I can not remember what worked last time.

Sure. I will report back. Thanks a lot for the assistance.

try running LTspice in Alternate mode.

Simulate -> Control Panel -> SPICE tab then change the Solver [*] engine from Normal to Alternate. This flushes out most 'time step too small' errors. This is all assuming you dont have, say, a floating node, a short circuit that is demanding infinite current (or infinite rise time), or something is generating an infinite voltage somewhere. Be careful you dont have 2 nodes of the circuit with the same name as LTspice will short these 2 nodes together and this can take hours to diagnose (Ohms Law goes out the window, hair gets pulled out, things get thumped or thrown)

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back