Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPT PIC programer (ICSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

**broken link removed**

Im thinking of puting an nother transistor in to switch the Vdd so it wod work whith nigels programer

What dose the Q2 do in the circuit ?

and cod it be used for low voltage programing

I want soming sipmple that i can get together in a short time out of parts that i have laying around

besoe all i have to do is add one ome transistor and a cuple of resistors to make it work whith nigels programer

you simply conet D0 to clock,D2 and an input to data and have an trasistor switch on/off Vdd and Vpp whith a litle setings in nigels software and you have an programer.

all i want to do is erase,write and verefy it.

Someone Electro said:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/dontronics/dtait/parpic.gif

Im thinking of puting an nother transistor in to switch the Vdd so it wod work whith nigels programer

What dose the Q2 do in the circuit ?

Q2 is an open collector inverter, used for reading the data from the PIC back into the Ack pin on the parallel port. It requires 5V on the top of R5, which presumably the original software provides?. You would probably require an external 5V source to use it with WinPicProg.

I am going to have an 5V source.(i need to have it for Vdd anyvay)
I there a way to moodyfy it so that it works for low voltage programing (to get rid of the 13V)(16F88 and 18F252 have low voltage programing)

Someone Electro said:
I am going to have an 5V source.(i need to have it for Vdd anyvay)
I there a way to moodyfy it so that it works for low voltage programing (to get rid of the 13V)(16F88 and 18F252 have low voltage programing)

I've never looked into it, I've always considered it a waste of time - it wastes too many I/O pins.

You appear to be wanting to build the crudest, simplest, programmer you can (where you only ever build ONE of them). Yet you want to complicate your target boards by adding ICSP and LV programming capabilities - where this requires building on EVERY target board you make.

This doesn't strike me as a very sensible idea?.

well puting an 5V regulator in the ptogrames isent an problem

yea i forgot that its wastes I/O pins il stick to the HV.

I laso got WinPic programer i it loks look good (altrugh i think its an old program)

I ses in about:Compiled :Mar 5 2005
Wooo!!! The version was compiled yesterday!

I toght it is old besoe the the interace looks prety simple(i like simple)

I tested it whith some LEDs on the LPT

You can make costim setings.

Someone Electro said:
I ses in about:Compiled :Mar 5 2005
Wooo!!! The version was compiled yesterday!

I toght it is old besoe the the interace looks prety simple(i like simple)

I tested it whith some LEDs on the LPT

You can make costim setings.

In that case I presume it's not my software WinPicprog?, as I didn't compile a version yesterday :lol:

I dont think i can find an small box for the programer.
I gues i will use an Tic Tac box (if its good enugh for candy its good enugh for me)It looks like perfect dimesons and its semitransparent(orange) so no holes for the status LEDs

Now i dumped the TicTak box and went rather to a CD box (hope i dont mistakenly put it in my CD drive :lol: )

The only way i got holes (for cables) it it was whith an soldering ion
:x

I made my CD box programer and sems to work

I tesed it whit LEDs on the outputs

Now i only need to get the PIC samples

Here is it.

the 1st wire is to the PIC the 2nd is to the LPT and the 3rd wire is to the power suply

the Vdd control works good (it just needed a litle tweaking whith resistors)

as you see i put in 2 LEDs.the green one indicates:completed sucsesfuly and the red one indicates:error.

Attachments

• prog.jpg
    prog.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,606
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back