Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPC 2148 Baud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.. I want to interface a gps module with my LPC 2148.. But d baud of d GPS is 9600.. And I'm using a 12 MHz crystal.. So is it possible to get a baud of 9600? And how?

Hi,

Yes it certainly possible and there some the Uart register available by which you can do these setting and you will have the 9600...
If you got stuck any time, just reply i will help you more with more details...

yes it would be exactly 9600...
And is there any reason you wont to have any other controller because LPC2148 also is having the 2 Uart.

k.. thanks alot:) The thing is in our college we have not yet studied ARM.. But I'm using it for my project since it has 2 UARTs.. & I dont know if other controllers have. Could u pls advise me..?

k.. thanks alot:) The thing is in our college we have not yet studied ARM.. But I'm using it for my project since it has 2 UARTs.. & I dont know if other controllers have. Could u pls advise me..?

As DJ said, 2148 has two USARTs.

But if you are looking for a simpler microcontroller,
AVR series like ATmega162 have two USARTs and available in DIP packages.

wic of the controller has been completed in college, so we can help you out with one of those...

sparkle said:
v dint do it yet...jus wanted to know if 8051 can be used???

8051 from which company?

TI? Dallas? NXP? Atmel? ST? SL?

See C8051F58x-59x or MSC12 from TI or DS89C4x0 from Dallas.

Also you can easily use bit-banging to emulate UART communications.

See the sample C code in https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/بیت_بنگ

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back