Low Tech -Batteries to replace HP D2460 printer power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne zar

Have two 18v batts. Need 32v @ 375ma & 16v @ 500ma to replace HP D2460. Amp ratings are from smoked transformer. Please & thank you for simple solution. Do not know actual load. Can't contact HP tech info untill after holiday, if they will tell me. My brain = (1) regulators = need drawing w/ parts (2) series batts & tap in center, try to figer resister value for each voltage (hit & hope). (3) Just use 36 & 18v and hope printer can handel it. Thanks again for your time.
P.S. I'm old & poor.

Do you know if we are talking about AC or DC here? IF AC, are the secondaries center-tapped? How about a pic of the supply? You may not be able to post a pic for a few days since you just joined or it may take a while for it to show up. Use Go advanced/manage attachments.

I can sort of see the printer requiring +24VDC and 5 VDC from AC transformers in that range.

I would not use batteries if the intent is to save money. Look for a suitable wall wart in 2nd hand shops, if you can not find one use one with a higher voltage and regulate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…