Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low speed usb in 18f4550,configuration word

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i am trying to interface pic 18f4550 through USB . i have done it in high speed mode . now i want to do it on low speed usb to mimic a keyboard . can any one give the configuration word for low speed USB for 20 Mhz clock.

thanks in advance

hi,
This works for the 18F2550, which is the smaller version of the 18F4550

Code:
   LIST p = 18F2550, r = dec, w = -311, f = inhx32
   INCLUDE "P18F2550.INC" ; MPASM Header
   errorlevel -302, -207

CONFIG PLLDIV=5,CPUDIV=OSC1_PLL2,USBDIV=2,FOSC=HSPLL_HS,IESO=OFF
CONFIG VREGEN=ON,CCP2MX=ON,WDT=OFF,WDTPS=32768,PBADEN=OFF ,PWRT=OFF,MCLRE=ON
CONFIG LPT1OSC=OFF,BOR=ON,BORV=2,STVREN=ON,LVP=OFF,ICPRT= OFF,XINST=OFF,DEBUG=OFF
CONFIG WRTB=ON
EEPROM_START EQU 0F00000h
BLOCK_SIZE EQU 32

PLLDIV=5 ' This sets the PLL Postscaler to divide the primary osc input by 5
providing 4MHz to the 96MHz PLL. The 96MHz PLL input must always be 4MHz
as shown in the data sheet.

CPUDIV=OSC1_PLL2 ' This sets the PLL Postscaler to divide the 96MHz PLL
output by 2 providing a 48MHz clock to the CPU.

USBDIV=2 ' This divides the 96MHz PLL output by 2 providing 48MHz to the
USB core.

FOSC=HSPLL_HS ' This enables HSPLL for high-speed crystal/resonator.

thank you Eric
but i guess this is the config word for high speed usb .please correct me if I am wrong . low speed usb needs a 6Mhz clock .
and it would be really helpful if you could send the configuration word in hitech c

thanks in advance

hi aswin,
I use this CONFIG for HID USB and it works OK.

The PLL in the 18F4550 needs to have a 4MHz input, thats why when a 20MHz xtal is used the PIC divides the 20Mhz by 5 to get 4MHz.

E

From the datasheet it looks like you only need to set bit 2 in the UCFG register.... This must change the PLL to suit.

Also you need to put a pullup to 3.3v from the D- terminal so windows can detect a low speed device..

I have searched for the correct settings but I haven't time to do any more....

Thanks Ian ,
i have gone through it . i did set the FESN bit(UCFG_bit2) to zero , and UPUEN = 1; (to enable pull up on d-) and ienbled internal regulator. Iam using microchip's usb firm ware framework . also
#define USB_SPEED_OPTION USB_LOW_SPEED
has been used still no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back