Low Power Auto Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

I am looking for a schematic for a small amp (20 watt to 4-8 ohm) that I can add to a loudspeaker in my car. The ideal circuit will be co-mounted with the speaker, accept the radio output (originally going to the speaker) as the input, operate from 12 volts, and output designed to drive a speaker. In other words, I want to cut the wire that now goes to the speaker and insert this little amp.

I did a search and found an ideal unit but the IC (TDA1554) is no longer available.

Any ideas? Please don't suggest a 600 watt thing with some #8 wires hooked to the car battery - I just want a little boost.

For some reason I am having trouble finding the Amp-on-a chip parts such as the TDAA1554 & TDA2005. I tried Jameco and Digikey with no results. Any suggestions?

Thanks to all. The ESP version looks simple and I have found the LM1875 ICs at Jameco. I will need to search for a power supply circuit that will use my car's 12 VDC and produce the +25, -25 volts required by the circuit but I'm ready to get going.

The plan is to beef-up the car's radio - but not with 1000 watts and giant speakers. Instead, I will be building a poor man's version of the current Bose car audio system. They are using single amps co-located with the speakers for some of their car audio - and they sound great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…