Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low power audio amplifier IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozikluv

:D hi,

this concerns low power audio amp ic with output of 600mw to 11w, all this amps have either bootstrap pin, if none a feedback circuit is provided.
my question is what would be the outcome of the sound produced when possible action is taken:
1. the bootstrap pin is not used with no feedback circuit provided
2. the bootstrap pin is unused but with feedback circuit provided
3. the bootstrap pin is used together with a feedback circuit

thanx :D

I'd appreciate it if anyone could explain what the bootstrap pin does - something I've wondered about for some time.

:D hi stevez,

if my memory serves me right, the bootstrap pin is used to pull up the voltage to supply level or a little bit higher and this also serves as a feedback path. that pin is connected to the base of the driver transistor.

the reason why am posting this query is because i saw a post saying that he remove the cap connected between the output and the bootstrap pin and the sound came out better. i just can't remember where i saw that post.

on my next post i'll try to give the proper answer to your question :)

audio ic bootstrap pin

:D hi stevez,

the bootstrap pin has 2 functions.
1. a capacitor can be connected between the output and this pin. the cap is used to set the low freq. pole
2. a resistor can be connected between the supply rail and this pin. the resistor is used to set the drive current of the output stage.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back