Low Pass Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for your details, but I am not in dire need for such electronic backgrounds. I just need to run the circuit ti fulfill my needs in Mechatronics projects. Warm greetings.

Mr. Al, let me write down your calculations on a paper and realize them, then I will come back to you , if I have any further queries. Thanks.

audio, the supply is connected , but it is not shown. How can we bias an IC without a power supply !

cowboy, is this software is useful more than electronic workbench V5 , circuit maker or multisim ? Please, advice !

cowboy, is this software is useful more than electronic workbench V5 , circuit maker or multisim ? Please, advice !

Mech,

Don't know. I'm only familiar with TINA. I think I'm the only one on this forum using it.

Probably any of the free sims would suit you as they probably all do pretty much the same thing and equally well (IMHO).

I did go so far as to buy the TINA Basic package, which has more test equipment, a greater variety of components in the parts library, etc. It will accept SPICE models and I like the instrument virtual icons (they look like real scopes, analyzers, with knobs and switches) etc). It was $90USD as I recall.

To me, it's more a case of what ever you get used to using after you've figured out all the little quirks of how and where to access the various features.

But I will say that after years (years) of real bread boarding, the sim hugely made the initial process of trying to see if, how, and why a circuit would perform a lot more fun (and not nearly as messy).

Keep in mind though that, as a rule, they do NOT completely eliminate the need for a "real world nuts and bolts" bread boarded circuit. But they'll get you much closer to something that works before you have to commit to the real thing.

Last edited:
audio, the supply is connected , but it is not shown. How can we bias an IC without a power supply !
ALL schematics must show a power supply!
We don't know if your supply voltage is high enough for the opamp and we don't know if it is dual-polarity or just a single positive supply.

Biasing:
The DC voltage of the Vin of your opamp circuit must be at about half the supply voltage which is 0V if the supply is dual-polarity. Then the input can swing up and down and the output will also swing up and down.

cow,

thank you for your reply.

I know from LM 323 N data sheet, the IC Vcc ranges ( 5 - 32 ) volts, and I supplied it with 10 v. Knowing that (Vin) is 5v peak value.

I believe that is satisfying.

Your opamp is not biased so its input will float up to almost +10V and it WILL NOT WORK. If its input is biased at 0V then it is a rectifier.

I copied your schematic and powered the opamp. I biased it and coupled its input and output with capacitors.
I made it have a sharp Butterworth response by doubling the value of the positive feedback capacitor to 0.02uF.
I replaced the useless 22k resistor with a piece of wire.

The LM324 is an old low power quad opamp that has poor high frequency response, poor slew rate and has crossover distortion.
Use a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…