Low offset, low noise op amp recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

I have a couple of silicon strain gauge pressure sensors which are inherently quite noisy (500Hz - MHz range), but I must have a high accuracy reading out of a 16 bit op amp. Oversampling was not helpful enough, so I need to construct a lowpass filter, but the ADC will have an unacceptable loss of accuracy with the high source impedance.

So, I need to add a 1:1 buffer after the filter. It needs to be as low offset as possible, as well as low noise since the whole point is to lower the noise.

It's powered by a single 5v supply and the signal on one sensor swings to 4.1, but the other can swing to 4.95v, which may mean I need to select another sensor since fewer buffers can go rail-to-rail in 5v (voltage dividers are bad for accuracy so I will be staying away). Power output and supply current are not an issue.

Any recommendations? There's just a crapload of op amps out there and I'm going to looking through specs for awhile.

A couple low noise choices to consider.

LT1028 / LT1037 from linear.com

OP184 from analog.com

OPA228 from ti.com

LM833 from national.com (very nice cost)

MAX4475 from maxim-ic.com

Happy hunting!

When you say oversampling, does that mean you already tried software-based filtering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…