Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low entropy ,big thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad777

1)In the region of lower entropy concepts and notions will emerge.
2)Rules from nature processed with rules from nature will yield
something that exist in nature (or predict natural processes).

Mind that this is not philosophy but I think it answers my
question why nature follows this simple math/physics rules.

confounding don't translate in google.
It is not my intent to be confusing.
Didn't it ever bug you that we can calculate something and nature acts
just as we predict.
Our thoughts are something qualitatively very different than events or objects in nature.
Our brain deals with variables and signals and nature is totaly difrent thing than logical constructs,
but they act in sync.

Last edited:
Perhaps confounding was the wrong word, confusing works equally well.
Didn't it ever bug you that we can calculate something and nature acts
just as we predict.
Well mostly, but there is chaos theory and quantum mechanics.
Our thoughts are something qualitatively very different than events or objects in nature.
Our brain deals with variables and signals and nature is totaly difrent thing than logical constructs, but they act in sync.
Lost me but if you're saying humans aren't the most logical beings then I'm with you there.

They say entropy is just disorder of the system, and if the disorder is not too great
occurances can be reduced to simple rules.
If you have basic rules of the system (that nature follows), everything that you conclude from them will be true (and will exist).
(I didn't realise this before, it might sound ordinary to you.)

Edit:

Lost me but if you're saying humans aren't the most logical beings then I'm with you there.

Science is all about redusing everything to logic (and I agree).

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia
Entropy is a thermodynamic property that is a measure of the energy not available for useful work in a thermodynamic process, such as in energy conversion devices, engines, or machines. Such devices can only be driven by convertible energy, and have a theoretical maximum efficiency when converting energy to work. During this work entropy accumulates in the system, but has to be removed by dissipation in the form of waste heat.

It's all part of thermodynamics and it's three laws.
Thermodynamics is the study of the inter-relation between heat, work and internal energy of a system.

The British scientist and author C.P. Snow had an excellent way of remembering the three laws:
You cannot win (that is, you cannot get something for nothing, because matter and energy are conserved).

You cannot break even (you cannot return to the same energy state, because there is always an increase in disorder; entropy always increases).

You cannot get out of the game (because absolute zero is unattainable).

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia, It's all part of thermodynamics and it's three laws.

Thank you for the Christmas treat. (vlad777) and (blueroomelectronics)

I'm having a feast of minds pointing out the Currently Known Laws of Universe.

Even with all the known constructs. Your pushing on the differential equivalents.

Laws are made to be broken. I am not putting a period on anything.

However, I commend you for the delight.

If it were a pastry. I would remember it's smell & taste.

Merry Christmas to you or......
....to what ever you want to treat yourself too!

kv

Last edited:
It has always confounded, and just bugged me a little, that some people insist that they can predict nature yet time after time nature gives them the whole hearted finger and then laughs mercilessly as it does something completely different than predicted.

Yes we have the little things fairly well estimated but thats about as far as we ever get.

The British scientist and author C.P. Snow had an excellent way of remembering the three laws:
You cannot win (that is, you cannot get something for nothing, because matter and energy are conserved).

You cannot break even (you cannot return to the same energy state, because there is always an increase in disorder; entropy always increases).

You cannot get out of the game (because absolute zero is unattainable).

HA! I like it! I really do!

Merry Christmas, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back