Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low current high voltage converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

v4000ds

I need a converter with 5 volts to 400. The output current is not large, from 0.1 mA. This is for charging a 450 volt capacitor 47 uF.
Do I understand correctly that large cores will have large losses?

Look as a cheap camera flashgun.
I have one that runs on 2 AA cells, so 3V & down to probably near 2V.

Or single-use / disposable film cameras may have a basic flash built in with similar ratings, but lower power.

There are lots of cheap flash units on ebay; the one I have is similar to this:
**broken link removed**

Disposable cameras, example:
**broken link removed**

Do I understand correctly that large cores will have large losses?
No. A larger core will allow for larger wire and less wire loss.
No. A larger core will allow for less flux density in the core so less heat.

Question closed. I will use 400 V 100k mkF and sugar for smoke, lithium, high-current without detonator (detonator as bomb, without explosive material) for criminals into my yard .t

please let me give you some advice..... the board rules prohibit the discussion of making unsafe and/or illegal devices. another thread you posted was about wireless detonators, this thread is about a detonator trigger circuit, and you keep mentioning criminals in your yard. in most places in the world, booby traps are illegal. there are more conventional means of dealing with intruding criminals on your property... of course what's legally available to you depends on where you live.... the simplest (but not the best, since it takes time for police to arrive, and a lot can happen in that time) is to call the police... depending on where you live, a shotgun, pistol, etc... would likely be an option... it would be best to familiarize yourself with local and national laws about self defense... but i can assure you it's highly likely that if you set a booby trap, and somebody sets it off YOU will be the one in jail...

The idea was not working. 400 volt 100 thousand microfarads capacitor is large, expensive and gives a small shot, 2 grams TNT eq
Instead, I want to use a 1000 microfarads and several kilovolts high voltage ceramic capacitor. Only for shot.
For smoke. I will use melting-sugar or soda-water aerosol.
I will make a high voltage AC inverter. For it, I need to create a voltage multiplier up to 10 kV.
Please tell me the diodes for this

At the Ukrainian legal forum, I asked about the legality of such devices.
Google Translate
Good day. To put it mildly, the installed camera in your home will not be a problem from the legal point of view if it records what is happening near the house. Everything else described will have consequences from the point of view of criminal law and you can be prosecuted, namely: the manufacture of explosives, lasers, smoke grenades, dazzling means, etc.
______

Also, I will answer you simply, in the words "TNT", "explosives", "grenades" you can stop and consider it illegal. Here, even the very idea of using these means and making them for use in relation to a person already strikes many questions.

If you are stopped by the articles of the criminal code, then believe me, installing cameras is the most relatively legitimate of your ideas. All other conjectures when reading questions from you on this topic, many questions arose from the SBU officers, and this is their jurisdiction over the manufacture of bombs, explosives, etc.
I was told that even the conversation itself is not legitimate. But I'm not going to stop, I will try to make the device as legal as possible, but I will.

This thread is now locked. The topic is not appropriate for ETO. Sorry.

Inq

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back