Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low current, high output voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you increase the the voltage then the current will decrease (you can't get anything for nothing).

You will also need to convert the DC from the panel to AC to work a transformer. this conversion will also use some of your power.

It would be simpler to run more panels in series to increase both voltage and current.

P.S. A device will only use the current it needs.

You really need to study more about Ohms Law.

OK, But from what i understood, only voltage will be summed up if panels are connected in series, current will not.

I think A device will use the voltage it needs instead of current. Am i right? In a circuit, a voltage will drop but a current will not (input current == output current).

OK, But from what i understood, only voltage will be summed up if panels are connected in series, current will not.

I think A device will use the voltage it needs instead of current. Am i right? In a circuit, a voltage will drop but a current will not (input current == output current).

You have this backwards. Voltage is like a pressure used to push current through a resistance. The amount of current that is pushed is based on the supply voltage and resistance of the circuit. This relationship is ohms law.

The three forms of Ohms law, solving for each variable.
V=I*R
I=V/R
R=V/I

Taking the above as true, if you change any one parameter, at least one of the others must change to make the values equal each other again. Do some simple math problems where you change one of the parameters and calculate the result. Watch how they interact with each other.

I didn't know you can make an extremely weak solar cell from a lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back