Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low-cost silicon atmospheric pressure sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iainm

I'm trying to design a weather station for a uni project. We've got the temp sensor sorted, but I'm having severe difficulties finding a suitable pressure sensor. Every one we find is a chunky barrel sensor designed for different types of high pressure applications - hydraulic pressure, gas pressure, even fluid depth sensors use way too high a range for what we need, and they all cost around a hundred dolars or more. We need a pressure sensor, preferably silicon based, which operates on a range close to the atmospheric range - which is 70-106kPa (absolute). It needs to give a linear, or at least easily characterised, voltage output, though this can depend on any reference voltage, and low level voltages are preferred (the objective is demonstating knowledge of amplifier circuits in data acquisition). I'd also prefer something with a relatively small IC package, though we can use something larger if absolutely necessary. Can anyone recommend a sensor like this which is readily available in Australia? We've got a few weeks to find and order them, but we need the datasheets now.
thanks
-Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back