Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking to repair a Streetfire cdi ignition box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albeix

Due to a combination of bad eyesight with contacts on, bad lighting and bad luck I managed to momentarily connect the battery in my project car backwards. As a result I appear to have fried some of the components in my Streetfire CDI ignition control box.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had experience repairing these units?

TIA

Have you opened it up yet? Or is it encapsulated, covered in epoxy? Maybe if it isn't encapsulated you could post some good pictures of the board? But most things like that are encapsulated, which makes them much harder or even impossible to repair.

You might want to consider adding a Schottky rectifier at the power input to prevent damage from another accidental reverse connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back