Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for servo controller circuit diagram using switch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this multisim from electronic workbech, it's a simulator.
I have alotta things to learn here.
i'm no expert in electronic but I got to learn this.

thank you for your input, I'll do that

regards
ruddy

I just put the above diagram into LTSpice to check actual values.
The values that came out of the simulator are,
R1 & R3 47k
R2 2.7k
R4 7k

As I said earlier, I'd replace R2 and R4 with variable resistors.
For R2 I'd use a 5k variable
For R4 a 5k variable with a 4k fixed in series. This will give a range of 4-9k so 7k should be in the middle.

Mike.

Alex_rcpilot said:
Pommie,does your circuit generate a continuous PWM or a single square wave?

It outputs a pulse every 20mS. The pulse is either 1mS or 2mS long depending on which of the 2 oscillators is enabled. By adding variable resistors the times can be adjusted to fine tune it. The push button triggers the flipflop which in turn switches between the oscillators.

The only thing wrong with it, is that there is a 40mS delay whenever the button is pressed before a pulse is outputted. But, I doubt it will have any adverse effect.

Mike.

If anyone is interested, here is the circuit that was put into LTSpice.
**broken link removed**

And this is the trace.
**broken link removed**

The blue trace is a simulation of the push button.
Every time the button is pressed the oscillators swap.
It starts with Osc1 going and after the first pulse switches to Osc2.
Osc1 and Osc2 are the voltages on the capacitors of the 2 oscillators.
The output (Out) can (just) be seen to be alternating between a 1mS and a 2mS pulse.

If anyone wants to play with it, here's the file.

Mike.

Last edited:
V1 is a pulsed DC voltage. Because you cannot easily simulate a push button, this is a simple way to mimic it. It does the equivalent of pressing the button every 100ms.

V2 is simply a 6V DC supply that is required to power the RC reset circuit on the preset input. In practice, this would be your normal 6V supply.

Mike.

Pommie said:
It outputs a pulse every 20mS. The pulse is either 1mS or 2mS long depending on which of the 2 oscillators is enabled. By adding variable resistors the times can be adjusted to fine tune it. The push button triggers the flipflop which in turn switches between the oscillators.

The only thing wrong with it, is that there is a 40mS delay whenever the button is pressed before a pulse is outputted. But, I doubt it will have any adverse effect.

Mike.

:) Got it.I thought it might have been a single pulse generator,that way the servo would never work even if this thing is all-go.Now I know it's exactly the thing needed here.lol

I was pleased with the way the simulation worked out. When I first drew the circuit I was fairly confident that it would work but, it's always nice when you can confirm it.

Just thought I'd also mention the fact that this was the first time I'd used LTSpice and I'm thoroughly impressed. For a freebie, it's very easy to use and appears to give very good results. It probably took me about 1½ hours to learn how to use it, enter the diagram and run the simulation.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back