Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for schematic / repair manual - PowerWalker VI 2000 (bluewalker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi.

Does anyone know where to get a repair manual for this UPS device ?

Thanks in advance

What's the odds that they justgive me a copy of the pdf just like that? But thank's anyway, can't hurt to try.

Always worth a try - but in recent decades manufacturers have generally stopped supplying service manuals to other than their authorised service agents, and have often stopped supplying them as well.

I've now sent a request to the mail address provided. I'll keep you updated about an answer.

I did express that I did request as a private person - so assuming the chances for positive response are low.

I've now sent a request to the mail address provided. I'll keep you updated about an answer.

I did express that I did request as a private person - so assuming the chances for positive response are low.

Historically (back well before the Internet) I often purchased service manuals direct from manufacturers, as a private individual, and from work - in fact I don't recall EVER been refused back then, with some even providing them free of charge.

The first refusal I did get was from Pioneer (who had previously supplied me many times), and that was the beginning of the end - from there more and more stopped supplying other than their authorised dealers, to the extent it's now very rare to be able to deal with a manufacturer unless you're an authorised agent, and often all but impossible to become an authorised agent.

Historically (back well before the Internet) I often purchased service manuals direct from manufacturers, as a private individual, and from work - in fact I don't recall EVER been refused back then, with some even providing them free of charge.

The first refusal I did get was from Pioneer (who had previously supplied me many times), and that was the beginning of the end - from there more and more stopped supplying other than their authorised dealers, to the extent it's now very rare to be able to deal with a manufacturer unless you're an authorised agent, and often all but impossible to become an authorised agent.
I would like to know why someone refuse to share schematics of product, even making product hard-repairable...
Do they really want to throw it away to junk and buy another product?
Ï actually hate this idea. Must be from sick-head managment -plc.

Well, not so much. This is the response I got from BlueWalker Support:

Service manuals or repair instructions are not provided by us.
We can offer spare parts for the VI 2000 PSW ( pcba main and pcba LCD ).

The VI 2000 PSW use valve regulated lead acid batteries ( 2 x12 Volt / 9 Ah ).

Ok, what happened to psu?
  • The batteries was broken (physically cracked open - probably by cold temperatures over time)
  • An electrolyte cap have an exploded top.
I'll probably not go any steps further to try to repair anyway because the batteries itself cost almost half of a new one. At least if buying in a local shop. I probably have a capacitor somewhere in the component pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back