Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for photo detector(20mm long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatbuddy

Dear all,
Iam looking for a photodetector of 20mm lonk strip and must be IR and daylight photodetector, must not be array type. If you provide datasheet then i will be greatful to you zll.

The only photo-detector that I can think of, that could be that long, and not an array, would be some kind of photo-resistor. Can you give a little more detail on what you are trying to do?

ken

Photo resistors (at least CDS type) are typically only about 5mm's in diameter.

Photo resistors (at least CDS type) are typically only about 5mm's in diameter.

That's why I said "some kind of photo-resistor". I have cadmium sulfide cells that are over 1/2" in diameter. The big issue is how Greatbuddy wants to use such a device. ???

Ken

No problem!

Dear all,
Iam looking for a photodetector of 20mm lonk strip and must be IR and daylight photodetector, must not be array type. If you provide datasheet then i will be grateful to you LL.

Just take a short bundle of fiber optic cable and make it round on one end and flat on the other and attach a photo detector of chose at the round end.
You might be able to do something similar by shaping a piece of Plexiglas. A short rod could probably be heated and flatten on one end. Make sure that all surfaces gets polished before use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back