Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for lecture for plus null minus system [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi forum.

I do not know the correct english term for the subject (maybe not the greatest way to start off a thread).

I want to get a push in right direction where I can learn about theory about null/plus/minus (system ?) in 3 phase systems? Any teaching book/course you recommend?

Thanks in advance

null/plus/minus (system ?) in 3 phase systems?
Sorry, but I have never heard that expression before.

What does it do?

JimB

I was afraid of that - it is fully possible that it cannot be directly translated into english. What I do know is that it is a way of simplifying a 3 phase system before or while doing calculations.

Sorry, that rings no bells with me.

JimB

I'm not sure what you mean either. Are you referring to a so-called 'modified sine wave', such as used in many inverter circuits and where the waveform is +V, 0, -V, 0, +V, 0, -V ..... ?

Thanks for trying to help. If I do find an english terminology for this, I'll try to find this post and reply :cool:

I also do know this - from years back at school: Student that doesn't study specific for electrical engineering (3 phase system / power grid theory) here won't normally touch this topic. I assume that is the same for most other countrys as well.

Thanks dknguyen, but it is not the per-unit analysis I'm looking for. That is btw pretty much the same in norwegian anyway.

My biggest problem here is that Google doesn't give any sensible returns when I do search for "null system" "plus system" "minus system". So I'm actually completely stuck as to be enable to provide enough info so that any one probably would know what I ask for. The poor results from Google searches indicates for me that the topic is named something fundamentally different in english.

I do beleive (but have never learn in school) that "nul system" is when in a three phase system, one phase is considered as one phase system where neutral is threated as ground. That is a guess.

Is this what you're looking for?

Yes, but perhaps the general analysis method could be used in other disciplines?

Thank you, but no - that paper is for oil/seismic only.

Eureka - At last I found what it is named on english: symmetrical components fault analysis - that it is :woot:

it is named on english: symmetrical components fault analysis

Hmmm...

Maybe I have led a sheltered life, but I have never heard of it.:(

JimB

In 3 phase system symmetrical component analysis, fault currents are separated into three components: positive sequence, zero sequence, and negative sequence. Those were the 3 terms Grossel was having trouble finding the translations for. The positive sequence current has the same phase rotation as the power system. The negative sequence currents have a phase rotation in the opposite direction, and the zero sequence have no phase rotation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back