Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for datasheet 4digit 7-segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

too fast

Hi there..i am looking for datasheet 4 digit 7-segment SL-104** can't be recognized..its also state TCL-1008-P 94HB.

I dont know weather it is common cathode or common anode..any idea how should i test it.

Hi there..i am looking for datasheet 4 digit 7-segment SL-104** can't be recognized..its also state TCL-1008-P 94HB.

I dont know weather it is common cathode or common anode..any idea how should i test it.

hi,
Test it using +5V and 0V with a 330R resistor, by testing pin by pin you should be able to work out the connections also if its CA or CC.

I know its a pain, but we have to do it sometimes with multiplexed LED's

Take notes as you go, good luck...:)

it is not the single 7segment, but in series 4 digit 7-segment..could we test it using the same methode as single 7-segment?

it is not the single 7segment, but in series 4 digit 7-segment..could we test it using the same methode as single 7-segment?

hi,
I'm talking about a 4 digit mux type LED.:)

How many pins are there on the LED edge.?

EDIT:
Is it a display with an ic on the LED pcb.?

Last edited:
it is 10 pin on left edge and 6 pin on right edge...Yup it is display on the LED pcb.

Any have idea when i running 4digit 7-segment on proteus, its display constant value, but after i replace it with single 7-segment its display in blinking..i am getting blur right now.

Last edited:
I have a 4 digit LED display with 16 pins

4 pins for the CA, 7 for segements 'a thru g' and 4 decimal points. some n/c

Yup it is display on the LED pcb.

Are you saying there is an ic on the pcb.?

I think my 7-segment is same as yours...i dont have any reference about the pin, do you have datasheet..or can you tell me which pin is a thru g, decimal point pin, and how to know weather its ca or cc??

p/s:sorry my broken English

I think my 7-segment is same as yours...i dont have any reference about the pin, do you have datasheet..or can you tell me which pin is a thru g, decimal point pin, and how to know weather its ca or cc??

p/s:sorry my broken English

hi toofast,
My pins are along the bottom edge of my pcb, its not the same layout as yours.

As I said the only way if you cannot get the datasheet for yours, is to use a 330R resisitor and keep connecting the pins until you work out which pins are which.

Thanks to Eric...i have tried connecting the pin by using multimeter

hi,
If you are using a meter on ohms, the forward resistance of the LED segment will be low and the reverse resistance VERY high.

On some meters there is a diode test function.

Where is your location.?

I use multimeter as a source about 4.13V, not on ohm, yup my meter have diode test function...i also have tried on single 7-segment. I realized that my 4digit 7-segment is quite weird, it has 16 pin bottom the edge, from left i assume pin 1, pin 1 and pin 2 function to activate the 7-segment and the rest is for display, the pin is not arrange properly..

p/s: im from Malaysia

Last edited:
I use multimeter as a source about 4.13V, not on ohm...i also have tried on single 7-segment. I realized that my 4digit 7-segment is quite weird, it has 16 pin bottom the edge, from left i assume pin 1, pin 1 and pin 2 function to activate the 7-segment and the rest is for display, the pin is not arrange properly..

p/s: im from Malaysia

hi,
All the LED panels I have seen are never connect 1,2 3 etc,:)

If you use a supply of about +5V and a 330R resistor, by using a wire link to 0V on a pin and connecting another pin to +5V via the 330R a LED segement may light up.

Keep changing the wire link and resistor pin, IF its a standard LED panel eventually you should be able to work it out.:)

Its not easy, but I dont know another way if you have no datasheet.

Last edited:
Hello Too_Fast,

Can you post a clear photograph or a drawing of your display? There is a way to figure out which pin is which but it will take a little time to do it.

If you can post a good drawing or photograph, hopefully we can show you exactly what you need to do with the help of diagrams.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back