Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Capacitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I have a bunch of tv circuit boards but haven't had any luck finding a 680pf Capacitor.

I'm wondering what other devices might have one say computers or VCR's, DVD Player, Hand held devices ?
Thanks in advance.

kv

680pF is a standard value and should be stocked by most parts suppliers.

If you want to salvage, try getting hold of an old analogue tuned AM/FM radio.

That helps a lot now I know for sure my local parts supplier will have it. I'll just have to throw out a little more money for a kit of caps, that way I meet the minimum.

thanks again hero999,

Good to have you back.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of tv circuit boards but haven't had any luck finding a 680pf Capacitor.
What do you need the capacitor for? There are different dielectrics available which effect temperature stability, dielectric absorption, leakage, reliability, size, price, etc.

What do you need the capacitor for?

I'm working on a Circuit over in the Electroinics Chat section a "Touch Sensor Circuit" it has a 4069 with 2 series bus rails and the 680pf and 10k resistor maintaining the 6.8usec RC oscillation .

I've gotten a lot of help from Roff and SV on it, although they differ in opinion I've learned a lot.

kv

Yea, it's stability & dielectric aren't critical in that circuit. Practically any 680pf cap will work there. Roff mentioned that you could use a different value cap if need be.

BTW, has your avatar lobotomized any humans yet? :D

Yea, it's stability & dielectric aren't critical in that circuit. Practically any 680pf cap will work there. Roff mentioned that you could use a different value cap if need be.

I'm finding that's the norm and to expect it know (Nudge here and there) with my little training and only experience I pound things out the hard way (Thick skull) I'm learning and sure glad your here.

kchriste said:
BTW, has your avatar lobotomized any humans yet? :D

(Smirk) no not yet. I have an (American Pit Bull) or Land Shark. (Inherited) She was beaten. Looks and acts like me.

It's worse when the avatar does :p

Thanks for the support:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back