looking for a wall transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

I have an RC plane that I just finished and I like to charge the batteries inside every now and then but it kills my 12VDC 5Ahr field battery that normally feeds this battery charger for the plane.

I'm looking for a 120/VAC input, 12VDC 7A output wall plug...or any type of power circuit.

I don't feel like making this so a ready made unit would be nice.

I checked all my electronic sites and they don't seem to have any 12V units above 3A

Edit, yea I can't help myself...here's some photos to show off the plane.
**broken link removed**

How about a regular automotive battery charger? Pretty sure they are between 5 and 10 amps. I've never seen any walwarts over 5 amps. The biggest 12 volt transformer I've come across was 5 amps,

looks great but what a price...

i can do 5A...that's the minimum...7A is recommended though.

how about a computer power supply?
I have head about modding one of them for better output around the RC plane board

I did ask at the RC board and someone said they use this with the same Hobbico MK2 charger as me and it works great, price is good too

**broken link removed**

moody07747 said:
looks great but what a price...

i can do 5A...that's the minimum...7A is recommended though.

how about a computer power supply?
I have head about modding one of them for better output around the RC plane board
A PC PS might be the optimum solution. U can buy a used one for few buks (I bought one for <3$ ). Even an old AT/200W can give u 7A. It's a bit noisy but that's not a problem in this case. In some older models (AT) u can modify a bit the output voltage up to 13.5V

Last edited:
I had a 9 amp hour Battery on a pressure washer and I kept having to replace them because the engine was over charging the battery and it would fry the cells.
Moral:
Do not over charge your battery.

hotwaterwizard said:
I had a 9 amp hour Battery on a pressure washer and I kept having to replace them because the engine was over charging the battery and it would fry the cells.
Moral:
Do not over charge your battery.

that goes double for Lipo batteries, BOOM!

Tarsil said:
BTW...nice plane

Thanks, you'll find tons of info about it at rcgroups.com

im under the same name there.

My uncle gave me this plane and $300 later its finally flying....well until yesterday when it hit dead on with a darn utility poll.. (Im still not sure where it came from lol)
**broken link removed**

when I get the new motor in next week to replace the smashed one ill try to take a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…