Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a wall transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

I have an RC plane that I just finished and I like to charge the batteries inside every now and then but it kills my 12VDC 5Ahr field battery that normally feeds this battery charger for the plane.

I'm looking for a 120/VAC input, 12VDC 7A output wall plug...or any type of power circuit.

I don't feel like making this so a ready made unit would be nice.

I checked all my electronic sites and they don't seem to have any 12V units above 3A

Edit, yea I can't help myself...here's some photos to show off the plane.
**broken link removed**

How about a regular automotive battery charger? Pretty sure they are between 5 and 10 amps. I've never seen any walwarts over 5 amps. The biggest 12 volt transformer I've come across was 5 amps,

moody07747 said:
looks great but what a price...

i can do 5A...that's the minimum...7A is recommended though.

how about a computer power supply?
I have head about modding one of them for better output around the RC plane board
A PC PS might be the optimum solution. U can buy a used one for few buks (I bought one for <3$:D ). Even an old AT/200W can give u 7A. It's a bit noisy but that's not a problem in this case. In some older models (AT) u can modify a bit the output voltage up to 13.5V

Last edited:
I had a 9 amp hour Battery on a pressure washer and I kept having to replace them because the engine was over charging the battery and it would fry the cells.
Moral:
Do not over charge your battery.

hotwaterwizard said:
I had a 9 amp hour Battery on a pressure washer and I kept having to replace them because the engine was over charging the battery and it would fry the cells.
Moral:
Do not over charge your battery.

that goes double for Lipo batteries, BOOM!

Tarsil said:
BTW...nice plane

Thanks, you'll find tons of info about it at rcgroups.com

im under the same name there.

My uncle gave me this plane and $300 later its finally flying....well until yesterday when it hit dead on with a darn utility poll.. (Im still not sure where it came from lol)
**broken link removed**

when I get the new motor in next week to replace the smashed one ill try to take a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back