Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a Stacking USB type A connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
Similar to:
GSB311231HR.jpg

Ignore the blue which makes it usb 3. In the photo above, there are 4 tabs connected to the shield. The two i want to replace only has two tabs.

The land pattern is basically:

Code:
     *           13          *
         *2.5*2.0*2.5*
         *2.5*2.0*2.5*

The *'s are pins.  The Row pitch is 2.5 mm.

The land pattern is shown below.

USB Dual Type A Stacking P1030023A.jpg

All I could find is connectors with 4 mounting tabs. This particular hub got wet and the pins are corroded on two of the connectors.

Thanks.

That has 4 tab connections to the shield, not two.

The two i want to replace only has two tabs.

The other problem is systemic with Amazon. No real specifications and many times the wrong specs.
So, I TRY not to order from Amazon.

Tried searching in digikey, it always come up with the RJ-45 with USB type connectors. :x
Edit:
Can you just bend the 4 tabs and peel back the solder mask a bit and then solder it over the board (Toplayer)?

The land pattern doesn't fit either. Most of the ones I've seen had the tabs in the middle of the double rows. Doing a look at images.google.com didn't reveal anything either.

It really doesn't matter, I got a replacement hub for pennies. Nearly all of the possibilities I found had 4 tabs.

Connectors often have annoying differences like this to avoid copy infringements for the shield.
But a 4 tab inset makes most sense for mass soldering and mechanical alignment. (did U try AUK?) nevermind 500pc min.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back