Looking for a glue for this material

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
From time to time I find some pieces wandering loose inside the vessel's holds but much more frequently as packaging of electronic equipment. I tend to think it is coming from USA but I could be dead wrong.

It is very light, resilient and extremely easy to cut with an exacto knife.

I found it very useful to encase temporarily, displays and PCBs for their initial tests. I am sure that if a manage to glue it reliably, the final result would be good. Superglue and vinyl glue failed completely.

Does anyone recognize this material? If so, could you suggest what glue I could try?

Don't know if you can get it, but a product called "ShoeGoo" is very useful for gluing together stuff, like the foam packing you've pictured.

It's a clear, waterproof semi-liquid adhesive in a tube. Takes a while to cure (like 24 hours is best).

Does hot-melt glue work? Or does that destroy the material?

I the UK, I would use a glue called "Evo-Stik", a favourite with down and outs who want to get "high"!

You paint the stuff on to both surfaces, leave it to dry for 5 to 10 minutes, then put the two surfaces together, press it for a few seconds and then the surfaces are stuck together.

It is good for things which do not have a smooth surface.

JimB

There is one locally, that was originally used for shoes and parts that needed to be kept somewhat flexible and sounds like that Evo-stick.

Can you get this stuff?
**broken link removed**
It works on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…