Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a glue for this material

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
From time to time I find some pieces wandering loose inside the vessel's holds but much more frequently as packaging of electronic equipment. I tend to think it is coming from USA but I could be dead wrong.

SANY5768.JPG SANY5769.JPG SANY5772.JPG

It is very light, resilient and extremely easy to cut with an exacto knife.

I found it very useful to encase temporarily, displays and PCBs for their initial tests. I am sure that if a manage to glue it reliably, the final result would be good. Superglue and vinyl glue failed completely.

Does anyone recognize this material? If so, could you suggest what glue I could try?

Don't know if you can get it, but a product called "ShoeGoo" is very useful for gluing together stuff, like the foam packing you've pictured.

It's a clear, waterproof semi-liquid adhesive in a tube. Takes a while to cure (like 24 hours is best).

Does hot-melt glue work? Or does that destroy the material?

Have to borrow a hot-melt pistol and check.

I the UK, I would use a glue called "Evo-Stik", a favourite with down and outs who want to get "high"!

You paint the stuff on to both surfaces, leave it to dry for 5 to 10 minutes, then put the two surfaces together, press it for a few seconds and then the surfaces are stuck together.

It is good for things which do not have a smooth surface.

JimB

be careful around your boards it may generate static!

I feared that in the past but (unlike styrofoam) it has kind of rubbery touch that makes me feel confident.

I the UK, I would use a glue called "Evo-Stik", a favourite with down and outs who want to get "high"!

You paint the stuff on to both surfaces, leave it to dry for 5 to 10 minutes, then put the two surfaces together, press it for a few seconds and then the surfaces are stuck together.

It is good for things which do not have a smooth surface.

JimB

There is one locally, that was originally used for shoes and parts that needed to be kept somewhat flexible and sounds like that Evo-stick.

Can you get this stuff?
**broken link removed**
It works on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back