Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a DPST relay with 15-minute timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandy33

I don't know much about electronics, but am trying to construct a simple unit to experiment with health/therapeutics.

Web reference is: **broken link removed**

Attempted to attach the diagram as well.

Known as Lee Crock healing device (5/19/03 design diagram), it is basically 5 pair of 1.5 V "D" batteries that create 3V DC current. A single polarity is exposed to target region without closing the circuit. Ie., biological target serves as opposite polarity and ground.

This switches every 15 minutes. Timer should run off AC converter unit (not use the batteries).

My challenge is to find a circuit board or device that can serve as the timer and relay. Something a layperson like myself can easily acquire and incorporate into the build.

Any help greatly appreciated,

David Holt, DO, HMD

Attachments

• Crock_circuit_diagram.jpg
    Crock_circuit_diagram.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 930
vandy33 said:
I don't know much about electronics, but am trying to construct a simple unit to experiment with health/therapeutics.

Web reference is: **broken link removed**

Attempted to attach the diagram as well.

Known as Lee Crock healing device (5/19/03 design diagram), it is basically 5 pair of 1.5 V "D" batteries that create 3V DC current. A single polarity is exposed to target region without closing the circuit. Ie., biological target serves as opposite polarity and ground.

You could do it easily with a 555 timer in astable mode, and a changeover relay - but electronically the diagram looks totally rubbish!.

For a start why parallel 5 pairs of batteries, when you aren't taking any current off any of them? - assuming it's 'supposed to' set up a 3V electric field - a single pair of tiny batteries would function identically.

The original diagram on the website, with two contacts - one either side of the body - was bad enough, but then to use just one :lol:

I can only imagine that the device attempts to work by the 'placebo effect', and it's main purpose is to make the author rich! - only $250!, what a bargain :lol:

Nigel,

Thanks a lot for the reply. This guy Lee Crock has treated over 11,000 at his clinic in Ohio with high degree of success with cancer, Rheumatoid Arthritis, etc. I have verified 2 cases of remission of early stage alzheimers.

I would rather engage the placebo healing effects with a $25 gadget that can be used over and over than $4,000 / dose for chemotherapy! ie., the cancer patient does NOT have a deficiency of chemotherapy or radiation as their cause of breast cancer.

Seen very impressive results with Rife equipment, Radionics, Lakhovsky Multiwave oscillator.

Anyway, I'll play around with the gadget and see what it'll do...

Thanks Again,

David

Hi Vandy33,

Indeed a 555 timer can be used. There are a lot of applications build with a 555 timer.
In your case you must use an astable. The 555 can directly drive a small relays. If the on/off cycle must be 50%/50% then you must add a diode,
to have sepate current path for charge and decharge. Should you need
more info please ask.

look here how to get a symmetric cycle:
http://www.williamson-labs.com/555-circuits.htm
look here how to connect a relay to the output signal on pin 3
http://www.qsl.net/yo5ofh/hobby circuits/circuits_controlling_relays.htm
Also with 2 transistors , an astable can be build.
Since 5 pairs are used I suppose that a fst charge is imprtant.
then you must select a relays with low " debounche" characteristics.

Nigel,

A D-cell battery has a lower internal resistance compared to a AA cel and is faster to charge the wire mess. 5 pairs can even faster charge de wires. Maybe that's the reason why they need a power battery.

e-l

elec_lover said:
A D-cell battery has a lower internal resistance compared to a AA cel and is faster to charge the wire mess. 5 pairs can even faster charge de wires. Maybe that's the reason why they need a power battery.

Except there's no current flowing anywhere, and nothing to charge?.

It looks to me like a pure scam, but if it works for someone - fair enough, at least he publishes the details so you can make your own. Certainly what he wants to charge for making one is outrageous.

If there is a device electrostatic charged and isolated from the ground and you touch it , you wil feel current, although there is only one wire (your body to the ground).
Same example with lightning, there is only one current path.
So I don't think you need in any circumstances 2 wires to have current.

elec_lover said:
If there is a device electrostatic charged and isolated from the ground and you touch it , you wil feel current, although there is only one wire (your body to the ground).
Same example with lightning, there is only one current path.
So I don't think you need in any circumstances 2 wires to have current.

You need a continuous path for current to flow - in your example you even quoted it - 'through your body to the ground', and from the ground to the other side of the source. Bearing in mind you are talking about serious voltages here - hardly comparable to 3V from batteries!. In dry air 10,000V is required to jump 1cm, in damp air it's greatly less than this, and lightning can run into the millions of volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back