Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a challeng?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCReatta

OK, for some this may not be a challenge, but for me there isno way I have the time to teach myself everything it would take to do this.

I have a 1989 Buick Reatta. I want some one to rebuild the radio "brain" CDM. There is not alot of demand for this, but I really just want to get a high quality sound out of the factory controls.

I already know some will say just grab the stereo prior to the amp. I do not want to do that and the bass roll off is put into the signal prior to that stage.

If there is any one out ther willing to take on this project? I do have a couple brains and controls I would be willing to donate to this cause.

Yes that is the interior of my car. I am not a colector I just like havinng a car no one elese has. I have installed a supercharged 3800 GM engine; so it does get out of its own way. I really do not want to lose the touch screen. I love high-end sound; not just a loud bass, but a very clear full range audio platform. The CDMs that the touch screen can interface with range from 87 to 95. They come out of cadillacs, gm pickups, reattas, riviarras, bonivilles, and a few others. am kind of surprised than no company picked up the market for rplacing these when they were new, but I guess not having yout name out in the open would put a damper on things.

I would love to find some one to take up my project. I will be keeping this car for quite some time so I would love to get if "perfect". That is a relitive term.
I am willing to put in the time to build itmyself, but I will not be able to statrt the classed to learn the basics for about 20 months or so, due to my current position at work.

Any takers?

Last edited:
Personally I'd love to, I however barely have the time to do any of my own projects let alone take on someone elses =) I waste a bit too much time in the forums here as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back