Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a 12 volt DC push/pull solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response Dr. Pepper,....hare is what i am dealing with. My apparatus fits in shoe box size space. With in that arrangement i have few plates and spools situated on a motor driven shaft. And at times i need to exert horizontal pressure/weight against a lever that could move and push these spools and plates closer together, then of course when need be remove said pressure. I was able to provide said pressure with a simple 5 long inch spring and used a solenoid to release pressure. But i discovered that i might need to different settings for 2 different pressure settings [which can be accomplished by extending a shaft coming out of a solenoid or actuator by 5 to 30 mm],..i was thinking of an actuator maybe. [stepper motor or logic controller system would be to expensive for this simple apparatus] . So this is my mission for now,...lol...

You can apply variable force with a solenoid if you drive said solenoid with a pulse width modulated power source, the technique is used a lot in automotive applications, linearity might not be great but you can compensate for that.

W.W. Granger sells what you want. Solenoid come in many sizes and voltages. If you want a push pull connect 2 of them together end to end. After solenoid A pulls to the left then solenoid B can pull it to the right and so on.

Many years ago I bought a solenoid to open a valve when power was turned off a spring closed the valve. My solenoid had to be strong enough to open the valve and pull the spring too. Push a button valve opens then release the button valve closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back