Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Look what I bought today....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippie

My Crotech 3030 has a duff tube..(I think...) and the Philips 3256 that I have is also broken...:(

Hope I made a good choice in buying this.....

Attachments

• 85279201.jpg
    85279201.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 348
Looks like an Owon? Let us know how good it is, I've read mixed reviews. They are very good value though.

edeca,

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow....

My selection was based on the reviews I'd read on the website that I bought it from...

I was hoping to receive some comments here on what folk thought of it...just in case I bought a pos....

I feel I made the right choice, was going to buy a conventional tube based scope but decided against that on the grounds of weight...I dont fancy lugging one around, the Owon 'scope is pretty light and can be run from battery, although the pack is ££££'sss (ouch!)

So how is it?

Well it arrived on Friday morning...

Unpacked and plugged it in...Yup does what it says on the tin...Works fine.

I guess it'll do for what I want..Although I've seen threads elsewhere that didnt consider the scope all that good...:( Not what I wanted to hear...

duffy,

Not sure what you mean by your comment above?

Well, I'm interested in hearing how the OWON Software works on your PC.

Boncuk

Well, I'm interested in hearing how the OWON Software works on your PC.

Boncuk

The soft is on my machine and appears to work, although I havent connected the scope up to it yet...

Is there something I should know?

Ok,

here's a screen shot from the software...Nothing exciting I'm afraid

Attachments

• scope.JPG
    scope.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
It's roughly the same software as on my handheld Owon - it's ok, but I don't really have cause to download waveforms et al.

Hi Chippie,

I'm just interested to know if OWON has managed to fix their software bug in the meanwhile.

First test reports had these major downs on the scope:

- Y-voltage: 10mV/division (normally 2 to 5mv)

- low scope resolution

- software won't run displaying traces.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back