Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logitech z5500 toroid replacement help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rory_lillington

Hi,
My set of Logitech z5500 speakers have just decided to stop working. After investigating it turns out that there is a short circuit in the Toroid transformer. Having looked through endless forums and tried to get help finding a replacement from Logitech and TenPao, the manufacturer of the toroid, I have had no luck. I am loathed to throw out the system because of a fault that should be able to be replaced.

Does anyone know about the toroid or where I could buy a new one from or the specification for the toroid?

Thanks for any help,

Rory

This site sells toroid transformers of various sizes-http://www.mouser.com/
This company is located in the USA

-Ben

is there place to put a regular transformer inside because they are a lot cheaper than toroids.
Yes, but Rory didn't give us any pictures.
I'd assume that a regular transformer would fit in there though.

-Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back