Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

logitech x-540 failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

taraka

i bought a logitech x-540 5.1 speakers just a month ago...today it suddenly stopped working properly..front speakers and center speakers doesn't work..but rear speakers & the subwoofer work great..i connected the front speaker line to a old hi-fi system..i think there was a power short in that hi-fi..all speakers work when connected to the rear speaker ports..but other connectors doesn't work at all.there is no hum when touching the front and center output cord connectors(but rear line does)...can anyone help me in this issue??your help would be greatful.thanks

That's too bad, I loved my Logitech 5.1 PC system, enough power for gaming and movies and very clear. Gave mine to a friend that needed them more.

Sounds like you blew three amplifier channels on your 5.1 system. Seems a little weird that you blew all three at the same time and the speakers still work though. Maybe just a fuse? Crack it open and take a look around for burnt stuff, if you're lucky you'll find out what you need to replace right away. You may have just blown the pre-amp inputs, take a good close look at the input section when you open it up as well as the actual power amplifier blocks. The nice thing about this being a 5.1 system is it's likely the rear and front driver/pre-amp sections are identical so you have a known working circuit to test against. Makes it a whole lot easier to probe a bad circuit when you have a good one right next to it.

Last edited:
Thanks!...I love these logitech x-540 speakers a lot...this shakes everything in my room...i hope i'm lucky enough to get this work again.i'm hoping to take this to the workshop where i bought this..i'm afraid to see what's inside because i f***ed up an creative m5300 when trying to connect the sub speaker to the amplifier..the wire was too short to take off the amp..so i cut it and tried to stick it again..it just stopped working..subwoofer volume was too low while others were perfect..it's volume controller jack is broken and i don't know how to set it up in the amp.can you give me solution for this thing?

I am also having a problem with my x-540s. the jack in the back of the subwoofer designated for my front right speaker does not work. at first i thought my speaker might have been toast, but i changed it to the front left speaker jack at the back of the subwoofer, and the speaker worked just fine, so i know that the speaker isnt blown. Does anyone know how I can remedy this situation? It must be something wrong with the jack, because no speaker gets any power when it is plugged in. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Hammtron

hammtron try reading my post.

There is nothing you can do without opening the unit up and looking at it. Look for obvious burnt out components and then VERY carefully go over the input stages to see if you can spot anything obviously wrong. After the unit has been unplugged for a while (and you short out any largeish capacitors for good measure) start checking for continuity on the obvious physical connections you can see on the incoming connector. Pictures are worth 1000 words so once you get the unit open post good in focus well lit pictures here.

thanks sceadwian...i'm taking this back to the place where i bought this..to there workshop.they said they will do any repair for these.i think one of two ICs must blown over.i'm still using it.rear speakers and the sub work great as they were before..

hammtron, have you checked your sound card?whatever if it is onboard,check connecting front channel connector(green jack) to the sound card's rear port.maybe you'll hear from the both speakers.if you do,your soundcard's front port is half dead.if you have a another headphone connector or something in front of your pc,connect the green jack to it..you may hear from both speakers..trust me..i have the same problem when connected to the rear panel sound ports(front channel port)..if this doesn't work and if your soundcard works great,it must be something in your subwoofer amp.

I have checked my soundcard out, and its fine. It is updated and working correctly, I have a laptop, so therefore I only have one speaker jack, as well as a microphone jack and a mysterious blue jack, which I am not sure what purpose it holds. It must be something wrong with my woofer. I attempted to take the woofer apart, but the magnet area at the bottom is attached to the jacks on the back by some cables, and I do not feel comfortable disattaching wires (its obvious by now that I am not quite adept at electronics). So as of right now, the woofer is sitting on my table with the screws out. I am not sure what I will do, i might take some pics and try to get some help here on this forum, or I might just buy a new set. Id rather have the box fixed, as all my speakers are still working fine, its just that one damned jack designated for my front right speaker...

don't spend more money to buy a new one.it's only one speaker not working right?haven't you changed the input connectors of the woofer(green,orange and black jacks)?try to change the plugs.maybe you'll hear from both.or better you take it to the place where you bought it.or to a very good electronic repairing shop which repairs home speakers.did it work well before?if it was i guess one of the two STA540 ICs have blown over.best thing you can do is take it to a good electronic repairing shop.that's not a big problem comparing to what i got with my one.try posting some pics here(take clean pics of the ICs).

hello,
i have a question : my x-540 volume potentiometer is broken . I need to change it but i don't known which code is it . Can you help me out ? I really appreciate it

It should be printer right on the pot.

the only thing written on the semiconductor base is "VR1" and is figured out that is stands for "variable resistor" because near the bass potentiometer it says "VR2" . do you think is really matters what kind of potentiometer I buy . I mean if I take a picture of it and go at the shops could I go wrong ?

PS : sorry for my tipping mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back