Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logitech X-540 channel failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Omega

I have an X-540 5.1 system for my desktop and realized today that the front right channel was not outputting much power. All I am getting out of it with any speaker connected is barely audible yet same quality sound. I use a stereo set up rather than a 5.1, so I know it cannot be my card.
I have taken the sub apart and cannot detect any solder breaks or burnt out components. I have taken a picture of the board if that helps at all. I do not know much about audio equipment, so bear with me.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
depending on what type of amp it is (class AB or class D) there are some things you can check. if it's a class AB, it's possible the DC correction capacitor is dried out. this would reduce the gain of the amplifier to 2 instead of 20. if it's a class D amp, it's possible one of the electrolytic coupling caps on the output is dried out. best test for these in both cases is an ESR meter. if you don't have an ESR meter, a similar value electrolytic with meter probes attached will allow you to bridge the suspect cap while the circuit is operating. if the sound level returns to normal that;s the one to replace. make sure you observe proper polarity with electrolytics, as a reversed one is likely to "let the smoke out"

Sorry, but my problem is a bit different. I have only rear speakers working. Front and center does not work. If i connect only front input and set MAX volume, i can hear music if i put a speaker close to ear. I disassembled subwoofer and found nothing. Here are pictures.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back