Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic circuits:pos k-map

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafnaf

example1

find the POS of F(a,b,c,d) = Ʃ(1,3,6,9)

what should i consider in grouping? 0's or 1's?

example 2
find the POS of F(a,b,c,d) = ∏(0,1,6,8)

im confused
kindly explain to me guys

thanks

nafnaf,

Why do you show a summation symbol (Ʃ) for the product of sums (POS)? You should define an uncommon acronym at least once before using it.

What does the above statement mean?

Ratch

thats a sample Q in our quiz

in SOP i will group 1's
in POS i will group 0's

is this correct???

nafnaf,

thats a sample Q in our quiz

You must be cognizant of the fact that those in this forum have not taken the course you are taking, or are familiar with your study material and nomenclature. We do know how to simplify terms using Boolean algebra or Karnaugh maps. I, for one, do not know what you mean by grouping by ones or zeros. Perhaps you can give an example. You have not answered the question I asked about the summation symbol.

Ratch

thank sfor reply

but i already figured out what i have searching

Last edited:
example1

The numbers enclosed in the parenthesis represent the minterms with '1' as their output.

example 2

find the POS of F(a,b,c,d) = ∏(0,1,6,8)

The numbers enclosed in the parenthesis represent the minterms with '0' as their output.

I think what you need is the Boolean equation.

Draw the KMAP again and now fill in 1's and 0's.

From there, derive the Boolean equation.

Study well my friend.

meowth08

Last edited:
thanks moewth08 thats what im talking about

but now im trying to solve a 6 variable k map using quine mcklusky and its so long :D

thanks moewth08 thats what im talking about

but now im trying to solve a 6 variable k map using quine mcklusky and its so long :D

How is this?

I think it should be a 6 variable equation using quine? :D

It's really long. Just be patient. The link of Ratch is good. I downloaded the program too. I might need it for minimizations or maybe for drawing logic gates for presentation purposes. :)

It's meowth08:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back