Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Locking My PIC microcontroller !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surge

Hi All ,

I wanna Lock my PIC16F877 completely from outside world read write .I have no external data/ Flash memory I want to keep it for internal Flash only . Please tell me how to do this and which bits should be enabled in the Configuration word of the programmer ?

CP0
CP1
CPD
WRT

I find them confusing in datasheet . I just want to know how to stop any external programmer to read my Flash / Program memory .

Thanks
Surge

querstion

is it that rue that even you cant enter the chip anymore...??

or just you cant read..????

TKS

Hello , and what are the other bits for CP0 ,CP1 and WRT ??

Thanks

is it that rue that even you cant enter the chip anymore...??

or just you cant read..????

TKS

Once you erase the FLASH, you can use it again. In locked state, you just can't read its contents.

Guys Attention: Please

Should i set fuse for all these :
CP0
CP1
CPD
WRT

If I do that wont it effect the performance of the chip ,I need only internal memory .

ThanKU

Locking won't affect its operation in any ways. It will just prevent the data of flash ROM from going out of the uC by any means and ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back