Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

load indicator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav

i am trying to make a digital load indicator in which a load cell gives a electric signal to the indicator which then gives the reading. I am not getting the circuit for the indicator.

Can you explain yourself more clearly? What do you mean by a "load cell"? What is it measuring? What type of help do you want from us?

Too many questions go unanswered on this forum, simply because the author has not provided enough detail on their requirements.

basically i want to see load (like ur body weight) on a digital indicator. Load cell has a strain guage in it and the strain guage is connected to a indicator (digital display) using wires. When load is applied on a load cell, the strain guage in a load cell gives out electric signal (which have to be calibrated according to the load in kilogram/newton) and can be read using indicator. Load cell and indicator are separate units connected with a wire(which send signal to the indicator). So, I want to make that indicator and dont know how to proceed ????

Phasor said:
Can you explain yourself more clearly? What do you mean by a "load cell"? What is it measuring? What type of help do you want from us?

Too many questions go unanswered on this forum, simply because the author has not provided enough detail on their requirements.

If accuracy is not what bothers you too much, then the simplest thing you can do it to get a ready made Digital Panel Meter (DPM) which is quite cheap with full scale input range of 1mV to 1999 mV (fairly good) . You can calibrate it to read in terms of weight. Or if you want to build one yourself, grab the datasheet and one sample of ICL7107 chip which is the heart of DPMs and try doing it yourself. But I would suggest you to buy the ready one.

Do you use an industrial cell or did you build one yourself ?
what kind of output signal do you get ?
Voltage, frequency, digital signal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back