Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

load controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianfaux

I have a waterwheel which generates 5kw (220v sp) connected to UK grid. I want to build a controller/diverter to use all mypower rather than overspill it into the grid. This requires a reverse power relay controlling a large lamp dimmer. (like this; **broken link removed** )
Question: how do I control the dimmer with relay output from sensor? I could replace pot with motorised pot but I think that it would not last long. Suggestions?

I have to agree, if you have unused power from the wheel you have 3 options, waste it, store it, or sell it to the grid. if you sell it to the grid your meter will run backwards and they pay you for what they take from you.

Reasons are political and practical;
The deal I have with elec supplier precludes sale to grid (and also forbids excessive export). This may change by next winter as new tariffs are announced in April.
Practical: energy produced is either used or exported. The ideal would be to use any spare power available for heating (could use any amount at present) . As it is I have various electric heaters running using between 0 and 6 kw depending on their inbuilt thermostats. A circuit which monitors whether there is any outflow of power and, if so switches on extra heating automatically (and the reverse) is an elegant way of making sure that all power is used on site.

Hello
I'm new in this area, but My wind generator produces 4 volt at 2 amp. I need a charge controller that can transform or maintain to charge my battery. What i need to to do.
What type of controller I need to use, the inverter and the battery please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back