Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM386 opamp Module, measuring amplified output without giving it input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna_1000

Hi. I am using an LM386 opamp Module from Amazon. I am powering it with a 5V input (just to power it, not intending to amplify anything at this point). Nevertheless a multimeter measures an amplified output of around 1v-2v.

When I put an actual input that I want to amplify nothing really changes. Why I am getting an output without giving input?

Attachments

• 182705062_2880068485655232_4759312684866908023_n.jpg
    182705062_2880068485655232_4759312684866908023_n.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 174
Possibly due to the small leakage current through the output coupling capacitor.
This is nothing to worry about.

JimB

If the input terminals aren't connected to an intended signal source then they will pick up stray signals from the environment. Mains interference is a common culprit.

Hi. I am using an LM386 opamp Module from Amazon. I am powering it with a 5V input (just to power it, not intending to amplify anything at this point). Nevertheless a multimeter measures an amplified output of around 1v-2v.

Well first off, it's NOT an opamp module, it's a small power amplifier module - if you want an opamp, then use an opamp.

Secondly, don't stick a multimeter on the output - it's completely meaningless, and won't give any useful indication at all.

Stick a small loudspeaker on it (as it's intended for) and see what you can hear.

Well first off, it's NOT an opamp module, it's a small power amplifier module - if you want an opamp, then use an opamp.

Secondly, don't stick a multimeter on the output - it's completely meaningless, and won't give any useful indication at all.

Stick a small loudspeaker on it (as it's intended for) and see what you can hear.

Thanks. I connected a speaker to it as you suggested and it worked. Then I was actually able to measure the voltage change as I intended in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back