Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM338 floating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure your efficiencies are particularly accurate, but regardless, I'm not trying to make money by exporting to the grid. I'm taking from the grid, losing a bit as heat, then exporting a bit less back on a test bench. It's not about generating per se, the goal is to allow me to simulate a PV array to test some inverters and some ImmerSun type diverters & other PV related ancilliary gizmos.

it's kWh by the way... and one the main reasons is that I want to be able to simulate/test PV equipment in the dark.

Not sure your efficiencies are particularly accurate, but regardless, I'm not trying to make money by exporting to the grid. I'm taking from the grid, losing a bit as heat, then exporting a bit less back on a test bench. It's not about generating per se, the goal is to allow me to simulate a PV array to test some inverters and some ImmerSun type diverters & other PV related ancilliary gizmos.

it's kWh by the way... and one the main reasons is that I want to be able to simulate/test PV equipment in the dark.

Could you use an "Electronic Load"? In escence program the curve of the solar array. I worked in the basic research part of the industry.

Not sure if it would work at all, but you have constant I, V, P, and R available to you.

Could you use an "Electronic Load"? In escence program the curve of the solar array. I worked in the basic research part of the industry.

Not sure if it would work at all, but you have constant I, V, P, and R available to you.
Thanks for the 'teaser!!' would be lovely to have but I have the transformers & if I can just make the current limiting work I'm pretty much where I want to get with not much outlay.

Sorry this thread is so over my head I thought is was a game of charades.
Guess what i'm doing.

3 words, first word......
Again sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back