Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lm317lz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tightwad

I am building a headphone amp, and somehow I forgot to order the LM317LZ voltage regulator I need :(

These are not expensive, only $0.31 - $0.50 or so, but to order just 2 pieces of one part and pay $7 or more for shipping is just ridiculous! I am hoping someone has a few of these they would sell me, I can pay via paypal, including covering the transaction fee.

I would also be willing to swap for the more regular sized 5v, 12v or Adjustable Regulators, of which I have plenty.

Help??

317z

Forgot to mention that...or set it in my "About me..."

I live in the Dallas, TX area.

Have you checked at Tanner Electronics right there in Dallas, can't remember the address but their in the book. Also you might want to check at the Plano HamComm Hamfest on the 11th and 12th of June. It's at the Plano Convention Center.:)

I will have to check Tanner out, I live well north-east of there, but it is about 16 miles from work...might be able to make it a lunch run. I will certainly give them a call!

Tightwad it looks like you are living up to your name. LOL

Here is a Free Datasheet for you. Free!!!

Attachments

• Lm317lz.pdf
    135.9 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Thanks....the Datasheet isn't the problem...it's my stupidity in forgetting I needed a TO-92 case instead of the larger size that i had 10 of.

As far as living up to my name...I try to, but I am a compulsive DIY parts buyer. I have parts and pieces for dozens of projects I never managed to get starter or finished. This one is the LM317 and a couple of LEDs away from completing.

I bought a 24 volt regulator from Tanner. They have a lot of stuff.
Here is the address and phone.

1100 Valwood Pkwy # 100
Carrollton, TX 75006
(972) 242-8702

I went to Tanner....that places ROCKS. I now have a new favorite store, and a Headphone amp that is up and running.

I went to Tanner....that places ROCKS. I now have a new favorite store, and a Headphone amp that is up and running.

Glad you found it. It is a great experimenters place. I only get up to that area 2 or 3 times a year, but make a special effort when I'm there.:D

Why do you need a regulator?

You sholudn't need a regulator for an audio amplifier.

Please post the schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back