Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Live chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
Where do electronic's minded people (such as you folks) go to chat live? IRC network? If so what networks? Yahoo or other services?

I think the Admin should incorporate live chat here. That would be nice, instead of having to keep clicking the "New Posts" link over and over again. :( it is a real pain....

Marks256 said:
I think the Admin should incorporate live chat here. That would be nice, instead of having to keep clicking the "New Posts" link over and over again. :( it is a real pain....

That is not a bad idea, the question is how much work.. But it would be great if I was messaging back and forth with someone and I could do a chat and explain clearer. As well some have a drawing tool and allow sending pictures back and forth. Many now have voice if you have a mic and headset.

The down side is the others that come here to learn or teach will miss out on what was covered.

But I like the idea, the Admins probably do as well. But at no charge. We will see.

Heck, just a chat program in the ****-chat forum would be funny.. But to many people tring to talk in one room. Do not think that will fly either.

Marks256 said:

It's been suggested many times, usually by young kids! - it's a silly idea, and has always been rejected. Why are you clicking the 'New Posts' button?, is there one?, I've never used it, nor seen any reason to want to?.

mramos1 said:
The down side is the others that come here to learn or teach will miss out on what was covered.

I didn't mean a private chat. I meant like a live updater. I really hate it when i reply to something the same time someone else did, and their response is better than mine. I would like to be able to see what they posted, before it press my send button. INFURIATING!!

Nigel Goodwin said:
Why are you clicking the 'New Posts' button?

...Ahh, so i can see the new posts... Why else?

Nigel Goodwin said:
is there one?

Yes:
**broken link removed**

Nigel Goodwin said:
I've never used it

You should. It is great..... :rolleyes: :)

The first problem that comes to mind is people spamming homework questions in real-time...

You can always use the edit posts to say something different if someone else gave a better reply than you...

Yes, that would be a problem.

I use Windows Live Messenger 8. And for that idea it is great! I recommend that we use Java for the live chat. But a lot of people spam and talk about making 'dates' and 'sex partners'. I just want to belt the crap outta of them. But I can't since it's an 'ONLINE' chat! :mad:

Maybe we should either have an administrator patrol the chat or we get a bot. A lot of hard work though...

Not worth it either, there are #electronics chat rooms on every major network I've run across. I'd rather use those.

I never said that it would be worth it! It would be fun, tough. "CSI geek style". Ok, i guess that wouldn't sell to the networks very smoothly, huh? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back