Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lithium cell multi pack replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know Canada does not, instead we use Niagara Falls (for 127 years) and nuclear stations.

You obviously don't pay much attention :D, 9% is coal, 10% gas oil, and 15% nuclear - hydro is 60%.

The UK is 9% coal (very similar!), 42% gas, and 21% nuclear. The rest is pretty well renewable, but not as much hydro as Canada (for obvious reasons)

I did not know that United States still uses polluting coal fired generating stations. As far as I know Canada does not, instead we use Niagara Falls (for 127 years) and nuclear stations. Here I see more and more huge windmills producing electricity and some huge solar panel farms. The electrical utility company gave away compact fluorescent light bulbs and LED Christmas tree lights to reduce electricity consumption.

Alberta is still a big coal-to-electricity Provence. From Natural Resources Canada website...

Canada has a coal-fired electricity generating capacity of 9,834 MW in 2017. Alberta has the largest proportion of coal-fired generating capacity at 66%, and is followed by Saskatchewan (16%) and Nova Scotia (13%).

In school, my teachers taught nothing about how electricity was made. I thought they stored lightning.;)

And after all this my car by american standards is a little fiat.
And fiat it is, and its a good idea, a fiat idea 1300 diesel.

Those of you into power stations might like this, currently the Uk is not using any coal power, but nearly 1/2 is gas power:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back